[NOTE: If you encounter a broken link below, you can also try at the mirror site here.]
This page contains some utility programs which WinCALIS authors,
as well as educators and students in general, may find useful.
Some of the files included for download in the following list are in
ZIP or self-extracting ZIP archive (*.EXE) format. To extract them, copy
them to the directory specified, then execute them by double-clicking on them in your
Win9x/NT Explorer or Win3.1 File Manager OR via Run in the Start menu.
If you need a utility to unzip the zip files, try
PKZip for Windows, which is included below, or WinZip.
- Word 97-98-2000 Import Converter -- Allows Mac users of Word 5.1 and 6.x to open Word 97, Word 98, and Word 2000 documents.
- Word 97/2000 to Word 95/Word 6.x File Converter -- Allows Word 6.x and Word for Office 95 users to open Word 97 or Word 2000 documents.
- Office 2000 HTML Filter 2.0 -- Removes MS Office-specific XML markup tags embedded in Office 2000 documents
saved as HTML, thus producing smaller, cleaner, much more-readable HTML, at the price of losing
round-trip conversion ability back to Word *.doc format. After installing, in Office applications,
use by selecting File|Export To|Compact HTML.
- Microsoft Office Converter Pack
for Office 2000 Users (12,459KB)-- Installs rarer text converters and graphic (image) filters not included
with Excel, Word, and PowerPoint. Text converters for Word 2000 include: Borland dBASE II, III, III+,
and IV, Lotus AmiPro 3.x for Windows, Microsoft FoxPro 2.6, Microsoft Windows Write 3.x.
Microsoft Word 3.x - 6.0 for DOS, Microsoft Works 3.0 for Windows, Revisable-Form-Text Document
Content Architecture (RFT-DCA), WordPerfect 4.0 for DOS, WordStar 3.3 - 7.0 for DOS and WordStar
1.0 - 2.0 for Windows. Graphics filters for Word 2000, Excel 2000, and PowerPoint 2000 include:
AutoCAD, Micrografx Designer/Draw, and Targa.
- Microsoft Powerpoint Viewer
- Windows Commander (16 bit)
- Windows Commander (32 bit)
- Lotus ScreenCam Player for Windows 9x and NT 4.0 (will not install on Windows 2000)
- GraphX TIFF file viewer (Windows 3.1 and above)
- ACDSee Image viewer Good for TIFFs and much more. Fast loading! (shareware, reg. fee $30)
Ghostview: A Postscript and PDF Viewer
- Adobe Acrobat Reader: View, navigate, search,
and print Portable Document Format (*.PDF) files, such as WinCALIS
and UniEdit documentation files.
32-bit version 4.0 for Win9x/NT: AR40ENG.EXE (4/16/99
16-bit version 3.01 for Win 3.1: AR16E301.EXE (6/17/97
- PKZip for Windows Version: The classic file compression
and expansion utility, by the inventor of the ZIP standard, the late Phil Katz.
16-bit version for Windows 3.1: PK263W16.EXE 681K)
32-bit version for Windows 9x/NT/2K: PK270WSP.EXE (ca. 700K)
- WinZip: Another fine
shareware Windows utility to zip and unzip files and create self-extracting
- MacSee: Allows PC's to read and write Macintosh diskettes.
MACSEE.ZIP (11/20/96 51K)
- MPack and MunPack ver. 1.5 : DOS Utilities for encoding and decoding binary
files in MIME (Multipurpose Internet Mail Extensions) format mail messages.
MPACK.ZIP (2/13/95 46K)
MPACK documentation text file (also included in zip file download above
- GoldWave: Sophisticated shareware audio editor. Record, edit, or convert many
types of audio files.
- Microsoft NetMeeting: Shareware video conference utility which includes such features as Chat, Whiteboard, and Collaboration (where participants may view or take control of another participant's application).
Split: Divides a file, at specified points,
into smaller files. Useful for dividing very large Unicode text files of
more than 6000 lines (the maximum number of lines allowed in a WinCALIS/UniEdit
window) into smaller chunks to edit, then save and recombine with the DOS
COPY /B command. Includes manual "SPLIT.DOC."
SPLIT60I.ZIP (10/9/95 29K)
- WS_FTP95 LE WS_FTP File Transfer Protocol Program for Windows 9x/NT/2K, Limited Edition (free
for academic use).
- Please see also our Supplementary Files page.
Home | Site Map
| Services | New
| WinCALIS | UniEdit